Mother Crusader posted an in-depth piece on her yesterday. Here's just one image from the post showing how deeply DeVos is sewn into the fabric of DC:
The possibility of having her as Secretary of Education makes me long for the days of (dare I say it?) Arne Duncan.
So, what can you do besides reading and sharing Mother Crusader's post? Here are a few more things:
- Join the Thunderclap started by the Badass Teachers Association by clicking on this link:
- Read and share the BATs press release on DeVos
- Sign and share this letter to your US Senator started by Carol Burris of the Network for Public Education
- Call your US Senator and tell him or her to vote No on DeVos's nomination. It's not enough just to write. You need to follow up with a phone call.
- Sen. Cory Booker (NJ): (973) 639-8700
- Sen. Robert Menendez (NJ): (973) 645-3030
- Sen. Bob Casey, Jr. (PA): (202) 224-6324
- Sen. Pat Toomey (PA): (202) 224-4254
- Follow the Network for Public Education (NPE) on Facebook and Twitter and participate in the actions they organize.
- And of course, continue educating your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers on the dangers of privatization.
Hope to see many of you in Washington on January 21st!